Materials Development Corporation
MDC was established in 1969 and has been producing high quality boron diffusion coatings as well as boron-nickel braze rings and foils for over 45 years.
Boriding - Boronizing - Borofuse™
- Boriding, Boronizing and Borofuse™ all refer to the process of diffusing boron into the surface of parts to create a boride diffusion surface layer.
- The Borofuse Process™ is a commercially available method whereby boron is diffused into the surface of a wide variety of metals in order to substantially improve surface properties. Boron reacts with the base material to form a fully dense reaction zone of metal borides, increasing surface hardness to very high levels. This effectively becomes a "case-hardening" process producing an exceptionally wear resistant case on a broad range of metal alloys. In addition, surface chemistry is altered, often resulting in improved corrosion resistance relative to the base alloy.
Industries & Applications
- Oil & Gas
- Power Generation
- Friction & Wear Solutions
- Injection Molding / Compounding
- Low Friction Applications
- Low Wear / Erosion Applications
- Extended Life of Wear Components